You sit and contemplate to yourself all the time why you don’t have a man, why he left you, or even why you two are no longer together. Take the time to read the following lists on why you’re in the situation you are in. If you can admit to at least three of these, then maybe it’s you… Not him.
1. You think, “Every man ain’t shit.”
2. Your up bringing has taken a toll on your relationships.
3. You’re still bitter about your past relationship.
a. You allowed your bitterness to carry onto your next relationship.
4. YOU TALKED TO DAMN MUCH.
a. You never took the time to have peace.
b. You never took the time to listen.
c. YOU YELLED ALL THE TIME.
5. YOU TALKED TO DAMN MUCH TO YOUR FRIENDS…
a. You let your friend(s) take control over your relationship
b. Misery loves company and you invited them in.
6. You like arguing…
a. …You tired him out!
7. YOU’RE FULL OF DRAMA, instead of stress-free.
8. You didn’t respect him like you wanted to be respected.
9. You didn’t realize what you had in a previous relationship by treating him like crap.
10. You kept complaining instead of being thankful.
11. You kept trying to change him into something he wasn’t.
a. You wanted him to be someone from the past.
12. You never let him be a man.
13. You got on his nerves all the time…
14. You overstepped your boundaries.
15. YOU KEPT TESTING HIM JUST TO SEE HOW FAR YOU COULD PUSH HIM.
a. You never paid attention to his limit.
16. You forced the relationship.
17. YOU KEPT PICKING THE WRONG MAN!
a. You keep being attracted to the “trophy man”, only looking at things on the surface.
b. You allowed yourself to keep picking “short-term” men instead of a “long term man.”
18. YOU KEPT PUTTING UP WITH THE SAME SHIT!
a. You didn’t notice the obvious…
b. You let things happen.
19. You didn’t take the time to cater to yourself and only made it about him.
a. You have to find yourself before you can find the right one.
20. Your selfishness and/or insecurities turned things to the worse.
21. You kept acting like a child.
22. You have the A_WS. (Angry insert race Woman Syndrome. Ex: Angry Black Woman Syndrome)
23. Your character is out of wack.
a. “A strong…woman is a woman who has weathered many storms without losing the goodness of her character.”
This is not to say that the relationship didn’t truly work because of you. Believe that it takes “two to tango.” Most likely it wasn’t just you, but him as well. This list can apply to men as well. Just replace women with men.
YPSueJ, Young Professionals Guest Writer
Checkout YPSueJ’s Shoe Blog| http://www.didyouseehershoes.com/