“The longer I live, the more I realize the impact of attitude on life. Attitude, to me, is more important than facts. It is more important than the past, than education, than money, than circumstances, than failures, than successes, than what other people think, say or do. It is more important than appearance, talent or skill. It will make or break a company, church or home. The remarkable thing is we have a choice, every day regarding the attitude we will embrace for that day. We cannot change our past...we cannot change the inevitable. The only thing we can do is play on the one string we have, and that is our attitude. I am convinced that life is 10% what happens to me and 90% how I react to it. And so it is with you…we are in charge of our attitudes.”
YPBlogSpot is proud to share information regarding a non-profit organization, Project L.I.F.T., Inc., founded by a group of Young Professionals compelled to fill the “need for more robust philanthropic activities” in the city of Camden, New Jersey. Project L.I.F.T., Inc. goal is to uplift the youth of Camden through scholarships, enrichment and community service. The organization has decided to put a team together to participate in the American Cancer Society Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk. Please see details below from the director Imani Gilliam regarding how YPs can support Project L.I.F.T., Inc. for this event. In addition, if interested in attending the official launch of Project L.I.F.T., Inc RSVP here. For more information regarding Project L.I.F.T., Inc. visit their website http://www.projectliftcamden.org/index.html. Please support this organization YPs.
I hope this message finds you well. My name is Imani Gilliam and I am a volunteer director with Project L.I.F.T., Inc. Project L.I.F.T. (Leaving Impressions for Tomorrow) is a growing nonprofit organization that dedicates time and resources to instilling positive values and goals in the youth of Camden, New Jersey. Our mission is to uplift the city’s youth through scholarship, enrichment, and service.
On Sunday, October 27th, Project L.I.F.T. will Make Strides Against Breast Cancer at our local American Cancer Society walk event. We would love your support. You can join our team and walk with us or make a donation to the team. Visit our team page at:http://main.acsevents.org/goto/projectlift. Feel free to spread the word to friends, family, and colleagues by forwarding this email.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me by phone or email. All of my information is below. Thank you for your support now and in the future.
Regards,Imani Gilliam Director, Project L.I.F.T., Inc. 856-979-3213 email@example.com www.projectliftcamden.org
You should never come out of the huddle b/c you never know who’s going into the huddle.
- Bill Parcells
I wanted to share this when I first watched Curtis Martin give his NFL Hall of Fame induction speech. I think I shed a tear hearing how he over came every obstacle you can imagine thrown his way growing up. This is a much watch YPs. After you watch, decide what’s your “purpose” or your “why” for doing what you do…for living…for wanting to be successful, etc….
I hope Curtis Martin’s story/speech inspires your GREATNESS…!!!
I knew that the only way I was going to be successful at this game called football was if, I played for a purpose that was bigger than the game itself. Because I knew my love for the game just wasn’t in my heart.
- Curtis Martin
- Do not beat yourself up when things do not go your way.
- Take responsibility.
- Feel your fear and take action anyway.
- Share your dreams with others.
- Remind yourself constantly of your dreams and aspirations.
- Break the hard stuff into small pieces.
- Alternate between the easy and hard tasks.
- Take it a day at a time.
- Schedule everything.
- Visualize success.
- See discipline as a good thing.
- Do not take “no” for an answer.
- Do not wait for the right time.
- Build a great support network.
Don’t you just love summer? Summer is the time when the sun stays out a little longer and when you can’t help but to be outdoors. Summer represents bbq’s, beach days, vacations, road trips, exploration, outdoor sporting events / activities, long nights, beautiful sunsets and so much more. I’m definitely learning to appreciate every moment of summer because it just flies by so quickly. Here are some suggestions that you may want to try during your summer to make it more memorable. Don’t forget to take pictures! [click to continue…]
It’s better to be prepared for an opportunity and not have one; than to have an opportunity and not be prepared.
YPs I wanted to share this commencement speech by a 2013 Howard University graduate, Robert Ransom at LEAP Academy in Camden, New Jersey. Robert is my younger cousin and has done nothing but make me proud. He will begin law school this fall at Rutgers’ School of Law-Camden. Robert inspires the future YPs of LEAP Academy’s class of 2013 to think about “who they will be” and what kind of future will they make for themselves. Robert also reminds these future YPs that success is attainable with faith, persistence, and hard work. Great speech Rob and congratulations to LEAP Academy’s class of 2013!
by Kevin Kruse
- Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve. –Napoleon Hill
- Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life. –Steve Jobs
- Strive not to be a success, but rather to be of value. –Albert Einstein
- Two roads diverged in a wood, and I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. –Robert Frost
- The common question that gets asked in business is, ‘why?’ That’s a good question, but an equally valid question is, ‘why not?’ -Jeffrey Bezos
- You miss 100% of the shots you don’t take. –Wayne Gretzky
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed. –Michael Jordan
My brother Flauce going full throttle into Christian/Gospel Rap & Hip-Hop and here is his first single (with video) titled “The Devil’s Playground” off his debut album Awakening. Flauce delivers a message over a soulful beat that any hip-hop fan can appreciate. Take a look and listen then stay tuned for more information regarding when the single and album will be available for your listening pleasure.
After a long day at the job, many of us head home and unwind by taking out the enemy in Call of Duty or trying to level up in World of Warcraft. Chances are that some of you spend a large amount of your free time with online gaming. While online gaming is indeed fun, many times we wind up neglect our health while trying to beat the latest game. Today we will discuss a few health tips for the online gamer who spends a lot of time in front of the computer.
Use Ergonomic Equipment
Online gaming does not exactly lend itself to proper posture and the repetitive motions during the game can help lead to carpel tunnel over the long haul. As such, you should consider investing in ergonomic equipment.
Ergonomic chairs promote proper posture, which in turn helps with back and joint pain. Using an ergonomic keyboard helps to stave off carpal tunnel as the stress is relieved on your wrists.
Also, consider changing to a trackball mouse. Traditional mice can help to contribute to carpel tunnel and the trackball is a great way to combat this. While it may take some time to get used to, it will benefit you over the long haul.
Take Breaks from the Computer and Eat Away from the Computer
Sitting and playing online games for hours on end leads to eye strain, headaches, and even loss of vision long term. It is [click to continue…]
- Treat others how you would like to be treated, even though some may be difficult.
- Give back to others, the more you give the more you get in return.
- Live within your means, buying more does not equate to happiness.
- Face your fears head on. Step outside your comfort zone to help eliminate fear, anxiety and negative thoughts that can stand in your way of success.
- Re-evaluate events in your everyday life. Tell yourself that maybe things aren’t so bad.
- Practice mindful mediation. Allow feelings and thoughts to pass through your mind without judging or reacting to them; that helps create a sense of detachment from negative experiences.
- Take control over how you feel instead of letting feelings control you. A sense that you control your destiny can help you bounce back from setbacks and maximize your enjoyment of life.
- Laugh. Use positive feelings to counter negative ones.
- Be fully engaged. Get involved in activities that are meaningful to you, whether it’s a career, hobby, sport or volunteering.
YPs GET MOVING!!! I am currently working on my moving and shaking skills so I can leave the population of people of non-movers. I love to see others be successful and am actually inspired by their success but its time to create my own success story for others to read and be inspired. I stole this except/quote from an article @YPDSing posted in our LinkedIn group and figured I’d share with you guys. YPs make sure you are in the third class, the “those that move” class.
DMV Rapper Scrap DiBiase prepares to drop his newest EP “Chinatown” on 4/20. The upcoming rapper from the DMV is looking to build on his last mixtape “Len Bias Vol.1″ . Make sure to check out his work here and support. Enjoy.